Saturday, September 22, 2012

Introduction

Welcome to BonyBones.

I am a student in the TWU Health Studies Doctoral program.  This is a project for our Strategies course. This blog will focus on Osetoporosis and the health of bones.

Many questions on Osteoporosis have been presented to me over the years from family and friends.  With this blog, we will explore some of these questions and other areas in bone health.  Some will be the basics of the disease; a discussion on how it is diagnosed and what those numbers mean; some questions to take with you to your next doctor's visit, facts and figures, new trends and more.












I hope you find this interesting and useful. Marsha

1 comment:

  1. Hello Marsha,

    I have always thought of osteoporosis as an old persons issue until recently. I have found out that our bones start to deteriorate at the age of 30. We need to start bone health way before we ever enter our later years. In order to keep our bone strong and healthy we need to exercise, eat well, and get a good supply of calcium. I always thought poor posture was the cause for people who had a hump in their back. Within the past few year I learned that this caused by the spine collapsing in on itself due to osteoporosis leaving people with a Dowagers hump. Thanks for choosing this topic, Osteoporosis is an interesting subject.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete